- Transcatheter Interventions Online 2023 – Symposium: Lifetime Patient Management Greater Expectations: Is TAVI Rising to The Challenge?
Transcatheter Interventions Online 2023 – Symposium: Lifetime Patient Management Greater Expectations: Is TAVI Rising to The Challenge?
- Structural Heart Disease
Course Published On:
Course Expiry Date:
This symposium, part of Transcatheter Interventions Online 2023, and chaired by Prof David Hildick-Smith (Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, Brighton, UK), featured a panel discussion on the latest data on durability and clinical outcomes, an analysis of how TAVI is changing and possible future options for patients with aortic valve disease. The symposium also featured a minimalistic TAVI live case performed by Prof Stefan Toggweiler (Lucerne Cantonal Hospital, Lucerne, CH).
This programme is supported by an unrestricted educational grant by Boston Scientific.
In compliance with EBAC / EACCME guidelines, all speakers/chairpersons participating in this programme have disclosed or indicated potential conflicts of interest which might cause a bias in the presentations.
The Organising Committee/Course Director is responsible for ensuring that all potential conflicts of interest relevant to the event are declared to the audience prior to the CME activities.
Terms & Conditions
Radcliffe Education requires contributors to our CME programmes to disclose any relevant financial relationships that have occurred within the past 12 months that could create a conflict of interest. These will be identified in the faculty section if applicable.
The session of ‘Lifetime Patient Management Greater Expectations: Is TAVI Rising to The Challenge?', is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credits.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. EBAC works according to the quality standards of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), which is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
Through an agreement between the European Board for Accreditation in Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website.
Instruction to Participants
There is no fee for taking part in this online learning activity.
Activities are designed to be completed within 60 minutes and must be completed by the registered user. Physicians should only claim credits for time spent on the activity. To successfully earn credit, participants must complete the activity in full in the indicated time frame.
To complete the course and claim certification participants must:
- Read the course outline information supplied and complete pre-test questions if supplied prior to starting the activity. Users must read and study the activity in its entirety before completing the post-test questions.
- Your results will be automatically saved and if a pass score is achieved (where applicable), you may be eligible to claim credit for the activity and receive a certificate of completion.
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Surgeons with an interest in transcatheter treatment strategies for coronary and structural heart disease
- Interventional Cardiology Nurses
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recall the latest data on durability and clinical outcomes for TAVI
- Understand how TAVI is advancing and become aware of future treatment options for lifetime management of patients with aortic valve disease
- Become more confident using TAVI in cases with complex anatomy
|Session 1||Introduction||David Hildick-Smith|
|Session 2||Live case||Stefan Toggweiler|
|Session 3||Data from 2022/23: What’s new in TAVI||Giuseppe Tarantini|
|Session 4||How is TAVI advancing to meeting lifelong management goals||Lars Søndergaard|
Speakers: David Hildick-Smith
Speakers: Stefan Toggweiler
Data from 2022/23: What’s new in TAVI
Speakers: Giuseppe Tarantini
How is TAVI advancing to meeting lifelong management goals
Speakers: Lars Søndergaard