- Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Getting It Right First Time
This educational broadcast leverages an expert faculty to distil the importance of making correct and timely diagnosis of HCM and how to do it. This programme leverages guidance from imaging experts in the HCM field to provide a practical approach to diagnosing HCM and considering best course of treatment.
Prof Marc Dweck (University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK) chairs the session and is joined by Dr Milind Desai (Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, US), Prof Robin Nijveldt (Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, NL), and Dr Carolyn Ho (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, US) for insightful presentations and a discussion.
This programme is supported through an educational grant from Bristol Myers Squibb.
In compliance with EBAC guidelines, all speakers/chairpersons participating in this programme have disclosed or indicated potential conflicts of interest which might cause a bias in the presentations. The Organising Committee/Course Director is responsible for ensuring that all potential conflicts of interest relevant to the event are declared to the audience prior to the CME activities.
Terms & Conditions
Radcliffe Education requires contributors to our CME programmes to disclose any relevant financial relationships that have occurred within the past 12 months that could create a conflict of interest. These will be identified in the faculty section if applicable.
The session, ‘Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Getting it Right First Time’ is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credits.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. EBAC works according to the quality standards of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), which is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
Through an agreement between the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website.
Instruction to Participants
There is no fee for taking part in this online learning activity.
Activities are designed to be completed within 90 minutes and must be completed by the registered user. Physicians should only claim credits for time spent on the activity. To successfully earn credit, participants must complete the activity in full in the indicated time frame.
To complete the course and claim certification participants must:
- Read the course outline information supplied and complete pre-test questions if supplied prior to starting the activity. Users must read and study the activity in its entirety before completing the post-test questions.
- Your results will be automatically saved and if a pass score is achieved (where applicable), you may be eligible to claim credit for the activity and receive a certificate of completion.
- Cardiovascular Imaging Specialists
- Cardiology Community
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recall the general approach to diagnosis and stratification of HCM according to the latest guidelines and expert opinion
- Apply advanced echocardiographic methodologies to equivocal HCM diagnoses
- Select appropriate imaging modalities to facilitate accurate risk stratification
- Stratify patients based on specific risk features and disease severity
- Choose suitable treatment modalities for patients based on specific disease features and severity
|Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy||Unmet Needs in oHCM||19m 4s||Milind Y Desai|
|Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy||Role of Echocardiography in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy||19m 41s||Marc Dweck|
|Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy||CMR: When to Use It||27m 16s||Robin Nijveldt|
|Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy||Phenotyping and Treatment Selection||26m 55s||Carolyn Ho|
Unmet Needs in oHCM
Duration: 19m 4s
Role of Echocardiography in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Duration: 19m 41s
CMR: When to Use It
Duration: 27m 16s
Phenotyping and Treatment Selection
Duration: 26m 55s