- Milind Y Desai
Milind Y Desai
Dr Desai works is the Director of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic and an integral part of the Center for Valvular heart disease.
He is a Professor of Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine. He holds the Haslam Family Endowed Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine. He has dual appointments in the Departments of Cardiovascular Medicine (Section of Cardiovascular Imaging) and Radiology. He is a visiting professor at the University of Oxford, UK.
Dr Desai's clinical interests are heart valve disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aortic disorders, complex coronary artery disease, pericardial disease, and radiation heart disease. Dr Desai has a special interest in multimodality cardiovascular imaging, including echocardiogram, computed tomography (CT) scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Recall the general approach to diagnosis and stratification of HCM according to the latest guidelines and expert opinion
- Apply advanced echocardiographic methodologies to equivocal HCM diagnoses
- Select appropriate imaging modalities to facilitate accurate risk stratification
- Stratify patients based on specific risk features and disease severity
- Choose suitable treatment modalities for patients based on specific disease features and severity