- Prof Giuseppe Rosano
St George’s University Medical School of London, UK
Giuseppe Rosano is Consultant Cardiologist and Professor of Cardiology at St George’s, University of London, UK where he is also the director of MSc Heart Failure.
His research interests focus on experimental and clinical pharmacology, heart failure, cardiac metabolism, diabetes and gender differences in cardiovascular diseases. Prof Rosano has been core member of the Cardiovascular Working Party of the European Medicines Agency and member of the Pricing and Reimbursement Committee of the Italian Drug Agency. He is the President-Elect of the Heart Failure Association Board (HFA), and Chairman of the Education Committee of the HFA. Prof Rosano is on the editorial board for European Journal of Heart Failure, European Heart Journal CV Pharmacotherapy, Cardiac Failure Reviews and Cardiovascular Diabetology. He has authored more than 500 peer-reviewed articles, eight books and 32 book chapters.
Dr Giuseppe Rosano is Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Cardiac Failure Review.
- Review current GDMT in HFrEF and HFpEF
- Describe the relationship between initiation of GDMT and HF outcomes
- Prescribe GDMT according to current international recommendations
- Recall the elements of the Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire
- Describe the clinical studies that support the use of functional and QoL measures in practice
- Initiate quality of life and functional improvement measures in routine practice
- Initiate SGLT-2 inhibitors in patients presenting with De novo HF and in patients already on other GDMT
- Adopt shared decision-making with HF patients