- Prof Christiane Angermann
University Hospital of Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany
Prof Christiane E. Angermann is trained in Medicine/Cardiology in Munich. At the Munich Univ. Hospital, she established a Multidisciplinary Program for Advanced Heart Failure (HF)/HTX. In 2001, she became Professor of Medicine/Cardiology at Würzburg University, heading the Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine II. She is one of the 5 founders of the Comprehensive Heart Failure Center Würzburg (CHFC), became CHFC Director of Clinical Research in 2010, and is currently Senior CHFC Professor of Clinical Research in Cardiology/HF.
Her main interests are healthcare research, eHealth and telemedicine, multi-morbidity, heart-mind-body interactions and prevention of HF.
Prof Angermann is/was an EC/SC member and/or National Leader of multiple clinical trials, (e.g., REPORT-HF, MEMS-HF, PASSPORT-HF, EMPULSE), and acts as reviewer, Ed. Board member or Editor-in-Chief (Current Heart Failure Reports) for many journals.
- 1 EBAC
- Recall the utility of EF in heart failure treatment, patient selection and treatment response
- Identify alternative measures to EF for the purposes HF severity and therapeutic efficacy
- Incorporate quality of life measures for assessing therapeutic efficacy in HF
- Recall outcomes from heart failure trials from recent congress and publications and their impact on practice