- Dr Javed Butler
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, US
Dr Javed Butler is President, Baylor Scott and White Research Institute, Senior Vice President for the Baylor Scott and White Health and Professor of Medicine at the University of Mississippi, US. He is board certified in cardiovascular medicine and advanced heart failure and transplant medicine. His research interests focus on clinical trials in patients with heart failure.
He serves on several national committees for the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, National Institutes of Health, and the Heart Failure Society of America. He is the recipient of the Simon Dack Award by the American College of Cardiology as well as the Time, Feeling, and Focus Award by the American Heart Association.
Prof Butler has authored more than 900 peer-reviewed publications. He serves on the editorial board of several peer reviewed cardiovascular journals and has been cited numerous times in America’s Best Doctors list.
- Recall the utility of EF in heart failure treatment, patient selection and treatment response
- Identify alternative measures to EF for the purposes HF severity and therapeutic efficacy
- Incorporate quality of life measures for assessing therapeutic efficacy in HF
- Recall outcomes from heart failure trials from recent congress and publications and their impact on practice
- Not accredited
- Identify HFpEF patients who may benefit from being initiated on an SGLT-2 inhibitor
- Recall current inertia rates amongst prescribers who manage heart failure
- Adopt effective treatment strategies for HFpEF patients early in the disease course
- Recall current guideline directed medical therapy options in HFpEF
- Review clinical, real world and quality of life evidence for the use of SGLT-2 inhibitors in HFpEF