- Prof Scott Solomon
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, US / Harvard Medical School
- 1.00 EBAC
- Review updated data of ARNI therapy for HFrEF present at the ESC 2019;
- understand the current utilisation of ARNI therapy in HFrEF (guidelines and databases);
- interpret potential mechanistic data related to the clinical benefit of ARNI therapy including imaging and biomarker data;
- apply new data covering the utilization of ARNI therapy in complex patients including recently decompensated and hospitalized; patients
- Apply clinical and real-world evidence data for the treatment HFrEF with ARNI therapy.
- 1.00 EBAC
- Understand the SGLT2 inhibitor cardiovascular outcome trial (CVOT) data;
- differentiate the latest guideline updates for the treatment of T2D and their recommendations regarding the importance of considering comorbidities, including atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and heart failure (HF);
- apply clinical and real-world evidence of the SGLT2 inhibitor class for use in prevention of hospitalisation in HF, as well as future ongoing studies in the treatment of HF;
- assess the interrelationships linking diabetes, HF and CVD;
- interpret the potential cardio-renal mechanisms of the SGLT2 inhibitor class in reducing the risk of CV, including HF. Evaluate emerging data of the treatment of HF with SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with or without T2DM.