- Prof Cara East
Cara East is Clinical Professor of Medicine at Texas A&M College of Medicine, US. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Echocardiography.
Prof East has practiced general cardiology for over 30 years, with specific focus on prevention. At Texas Heart Center, Prof East leads a clinical research team, whose focus spans renal artery nerve ablation, anti-inflammatory drugs for the prevention of recurrent events after a heart attack, and drugs to lower cholesterol levels, among other areas.
Prof East has lectured internationally, and is widely published in leading international journals.
- Assess the current global burden of resistant hypertension
- Carry out appropriate assessments to identify resistant hypertension
- Identify patients most likely to benefit from RDN
- Recall the practical considerations for adopting RDN into routine practice
- Recall the latest data on RDN from recent clinical trials