- Dr David Quek
Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sodium–Glucose Co-transporter 2 Inhibitors in Heart Failure
- 1.00 EBAC
- Understand the SGLT2 inhibitor cardiovascular outcome trial (CVOT) data.
- Differentiate the latest guideline updates for the treatment of T2D and their recommendations regarding the importance of considering comorbidities, including atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and heart failure (HF).
- Apply clinical and real-world evidence of the SGLT2 inhibitor class for use in prevention of hospitalisation in HF, as well as future ongoing studies in the treatment of HF.
- Assess the interrelationships linking diabetes, HF and CVD.
- Interpret the potential cardio-renal mechanisms of the SGLT2 inhibitor class in reducing the risk of CV, including HF.
- Evaluate emerging data of the treatment of HF with SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with or without T2DM.